Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Bees and Beavers

Not only have bees and beavers both been credited with being particularly industrious but they have equally earned the pithy little axion "busy as a (insert creature of choice here)". Not to put too fine a point on it, I have found myself busy as a (insert creature of choice here) these last few days and I see no respite for another week and a half. And by busy as a (insert creature of choice here), I mean working from 9:30 in the morning until 8:30 at night for two weeks straight.

Day three into this - what some would call gruelling but I say disturbing - schedule, my feet, or rather, my dogs are barking. (Phew! - no confusion over the correct animal there). And by disturbing, I mean that I had a student on Monday who, when asked to cut out photos from a magazine of what he would pack in his suitcase for a trip, selected (and found) photos of a Bowie knife, a bottle of olive oil (cold-pressed extra virgin) and a jar of Kraft mayonnaise.

Calling Dr. Freud ....

So the upshot is that I probably won't be able to post again until the weekend. Please bear with me (huzzah! - another animal!) ...

Addendum: Happy 4th of July to you Yanks out there. Have a veggie hot dog for me. And a beer. Especially the beer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Me and my camera said...

Sounds like you have a bee in your bonnet.

In which case you should really say you're busy as a beaver, so there's not repitition of animals...

;-)

2:24 p.m.  
Blogger Cat in Rabat ( كات في الرباط) said...

I thought of that but I didn't want to rely too heavily on beaver themes for 2 blogs in a row. I am dog tired though.

6:36 p.m.  
Blogger Me and my camera said...

Dog tired?

Perhaps you should take a cat nap...

6:57 p.m.  
Blogger Cat in Rabat ( كات في الرباط) said...

A cat nap? When pigs fly!

8:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission