Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cat in Rabat is 1-Year Old

My, my, where has the time flown? Is today really 17 Dhu l-hijja 1427? Has it already been a whole year since my first post? Calendars never lie; at least, they haven't lied to me (although mirrors frequently do).

Truth be told, I've been under a bit of pressure as of late to dabble in a little assisted suicide so that the blog might come to a quiet & dignified conclusion. Yes, there are those among me who feel that maintaining my blog is absorbing too much of my time, time that I would otherwise be using to further the cause of stem cell research, eradicate world hunger, or develop a sustainable solution to the crisis in the Middle East. Or more likely, eat things for money. In honour of today, I have elected to push that decision way way back into the deepest darkest recesses of my teeny little mind.

So happy anniversary! – not to me, but rather to those of you who have been following my scribblings these past 365 days (give or take). If you're reading this post, then apparently I haven't lost you yet (which, sadly, says more about how much free time you have than my composition skills) so I offer you my deepest thanks for your continued comments, corrections and clarifications.

Now off you go and have a cupcake or something for me. White cake with chocolate frosting is my favourite.

Addendum: A bottle of bordeaux thwarted my plans of "enjoying" the Da Veni Da Vidi Da Vinci Code last night so tonight - just to make my anniversary a little sweeter - it'll be me, Mr. CinR and Tom Spanx.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary C in R!!

I'm a bit annoyed we have to share the celebrations with Tom Spanks. But there will be some laughs I am sure!

Mr. C in R

5:42 p.m.  
Blogger Jillian said...

Happy Anniversary! Mabrouka!

My brother-in-law is downloading the film for me as we speak, so I shall be "enjoying" it too.

7:29 p.m.  
Blogger Me and my camera said...

I'll celebrate with a cupcake with ground beef, ham and eggs. ;-)

Seriously, happy anniversary, sister o' mine. Glad to hear you're sticking with this thing - it's most entertaining!

10:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felicitations! I wish I had a cupcake... or at least some 5-Minute Fudge. And maybe a bottle of Caribou...

12:17 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mabrouka Cat.

Our team will raise a glass and toast to the Cat of Rabat. Hope we can enjoy many years of catish observations and to hell with stem cell research.

12:20 a.m.  
Blogger Bill Day said...

Happy Anniversary, Cat! No suicides, please and thank you.

1:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I am a fairly regular reader, although not an avid commenter. Have fun with the bloated Mr. Spanx!

2:47 a.m.  
Blogger Magda said...

Happy Anniversary!
I have been enjoying your scribbling very much! Cheers to your composition skills and snarky comments!
Yours truly
(not at all blessed with the abundance of free time)

3:42 a.m.  
Blogger Cat in Rabat ( كات في الرباط) said...

Thanks everyone - your best wishes made my day.

10:51 a.m.  
Blogger FourSure said...

Wow, a whole year. . . What committment!
I've enjoyed reading & keeping up with you. Enjoy the movie - T.Hanks (thanks) is not aging gracefully I'm afraid.

~S~

1:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the blog shall continue to live! It's always a highlight when a new entry appears.

Anon (for now)

2:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad to hear you hit the idea of ending the blog on the head - better the idea than the blog. Your blog has provided hours of enjoyment.

Sorry to hear you will have been subjected tothe horrors of the the Code movie. I had the misfortune of seeing it with friends I visited in nanaimo. SOme might say they weren't very good friends…

happy birthday

7:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yiiee, must you use the word "suicide?" For a second, I thought Morocco had finally gotten to you - glad to hear it's something entirely different!

Congratulations on your 1-year anniversary!

3:36 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cumpleaños feliz, Gata en Rabat!

I discovered your blog just eight or ten moths ago while preparing a travel to Morocco. Since then I have been enjoying your posts.

Congratulations!

8:05 p.m.  
Blogger Di Mackey said...

Lordy lordy I'm late but blog ending??? Please don't, I love coming over to read and delight when you have time to post.

Seriously excellent reading!

Hmmm no wine in the house oh ... there's some cooking white in the fridge, I'll be brave and raise a late toast to the year ahead as well as the year that's been, in cat world.

6:38 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary C in R!

I have been a reader for the past year but have never made a comment before. I just wanna let you I love reading your blog and always look forward to it. I'm a Canadian girl living here in Morocco for just over a year now. When I found your blog I was so happy to know that there are others experiencing and thinking the same things here. So, I'd like to thank u. I only hope you continue.

One of your biggest fans,
Dianna

7:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission