Friday, September 15, 2006

Random Thoughts on Rejection, Christianity & Islam.

Gotta love a day that starts with an e-mail like this:

Dear Cat in Rabat,
Thank you very much for letting us see your submission for "Our Inconsequential Sawed-Off Magazine That Nobody with Taste Reads"*. We’re afraid it has not been selected for publication on this occasion … We do hope that you won’t feel discouraged by this letter. Rejection is, unfortunately, part of the writer’s job description. So... please try again!

Discouraged? Hardly encouraged. So in spite of the fact that I had intended on writing a nice little post today replete with wit and erudition and searing insights, I am going to go to back to bed for the rest of the day. Since I have been clearly judged to be entirely unqualified to entertain you, dear reader, in any literary capacity, I offer this (turn up your speakers) in my stead. It is funny and irreverant and topical - all qualities that the editors at the "Our Inconsequential Sawed-Off Magazine That Nobody with Taste Reads" firmly believe I lack. Also, by watching & listening to it, the import of today's blog title will be made patently manifest.

*Name of magazine withheld on the highly unlikely but possible chance that I re-submit. A reject and a masochist - oi!

9 Comments:

Blogger Me and my camera said...

"seering" insights, or "searing" insights. LOL

Sorry, don't mean to kick you when you're down... ;-)

7:18 p.m.  
Blogger Cat in Rabat ( كات في الرباط) said...

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

7:25 p.m.  
Blogger Cat in Rabat ( كات في الرباط) said...

It was a TYPO!! I *can* spell!

7:27 p.m.  
Blogger Me and my camera said...

I wasn't sure. I thought maybe you meant that your insights had something of a clairvoyant quality to them.

They do, don't they?

LOL

7:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you started some of your sentences with and or because??

8:06 p.m.  
Blogger Cat in Rabat ( كات في الرباط) said...

Apparently not. At least not when it comes to typing.

8:33 p.m.  
Blogger Cat in Rabat ( كات في الرباط) said...

Thanks for the tip Anonymous - perhaps I need to set my sights on some more academic journals. Any suggestions?

8:34 p.m.  
Blogger Bill Day said...

Cat, Your loyal readership thinks you rock. We live for the (almost) daily dose of the Cat's meow. Clearly the inconsequential magazine is not good enough for you -- we'll look forward to seeing you in print in a better quality publication. Bill.

5:25 p.m.  
Blogger Cat in Rabat ( كات في الرباط) said...

*Sniff* ~ thanks Bill!

10:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission